The following are a series of Christmas and holiday seasonal events that I am attending on behalf of Oak Bay Council. This is a busy time of year for everyone but the goodwill, generosity and spirit of celebrating the holidays touch many of us. What I love to see, beyond Oak Bay Village’s lights and decorations, are the wonderful lights that brighten homes and neighbourhoods all over Oak Bay.
This is also a season for giving to one’s favourite charity. As a family this year, we have decided not to give each other gifts but instead, donate funds or our time to supporting local charities such as Our Place, the Mustard Seed and United Way. However you choose to celebrate this Holiday Season, I wish you and yours a wonderful one and all the best for the New Year. Have a safe and peaceful holiday.
- December 9th and 16th – only two Council meetings this month, same time and place.
- December 4th – OB Parks and Recreation Commission Christmas Drop-In
- December 11th – Monterey Annual Volunteers’ Christmas Dinner (Council members help serve)
- December 12th – Oak Bay Volunteers Christmas Party
- December 22nd – Royal MacPherson Theatres’ Society Christmas Dinner