Fall is here and the Council calendar is filling up. Here are some dates to remember:
- September 9, a Council meeting starting at 7:30 PM in Chambers. The Clive re-development proposal will be on the agenda, an item that is generating a lot of community response, some supportive and some not. I encourage you to look beyond some of the apparent misinformation that is circulating about this project and get the facts by visiting the Municipal website and/or talking to staff.
- September 16 – 21, Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM) annual convention in Vancouver (no Committee of the Whole meeting that week).
- September 23, a Committee of the Whole meeting starting at 7:00 PM in Chambers.
- September 17, a presentation sponsored by Heritage Oak Bay, on heritage conservation areas, 7:00 – 8:30 PM, Council Chambers.
- September 25, a Special Committee of the Whole meeting on the Oak Bay High School re-development, at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers.
I am Acting Mayor for the month of September and look forward to representing Oak Bay in this capacity. Any questions about this post or other information about our community? Get in touch and thank you.