75th Birthday Celebration and Commemoration at Oak Bay Firehall
- The Oak Bay Fire Hall is the scene of an Open House April 13 and 14, with hot dogs, hamburgers and a meet and greet on Saturday and a special commemoration ceremony on Sunday starting at 11:00 a.m. Please join our Fire Department in recognizing their 75th birthday and sharing this celebration.
Friends of Uplands Park (In partnership with Oak Bay Parks and Recreation)
- April 16 – 7:00 PM, Windsor Park Pavilion – a lecture on the heritage of Uplands Park, co-sponsored with Heritage Oak Bay.
- April 20 and 21 – St. Ann’s Academy, Creatively United with the Planet display all day.
- April 28 – Bird Walk at 8:00 a.m. starting at Cattle Point with Geoffrey Newell.
- April 28 – Nature walk to see blooming Fawn lilies, starting at the Uplands Park sign on Beach Dr. at 1:00 p.m.
- May 5 – Camas Day – 12:30 to 3:00 p.m., celebrating 20 years of Girl Guides in Uplands Park – Join the Friends of Uplands Park, the Community Association of Oak Bay and the Chatham District Girl Guides in a day of family fun. Bring a picnic, listen to local band the Bald Eagles, enjoy refreshments and, remember, all donations are welcome.
- May 12 – Sea of Camas nature walk, 1:00 to 3:00 PM, Uplands Park with Margaret Lidkea.
- May 26 – Bird walk at 8:00 a.m. starting at Cattle Point and a tour of Vernal Pools from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. with biologist James Miskelly.
- June 9 – Tidal Pools and Sea Birds, 10:30 to 1:00 p.m. at Cattle Point.
For more information and regular updates, visit friendsofuplandspark.wordpress.com and “Like” them on Facebook.