There are a variety of local and regional survey questionnaires that candidates are asked to fill out as part of every municipal election cycle. To date, I have completed the following:
- Oak Bay Dog Policy Survey for Municipal Candidates
- Greater Victoria Cycling Coalition Survey
- Oak Bay News – Questionnaire for Council Candidates
- Times-Colonist Election Candidate Survey
- Victoria Chamber of Commerce Candidate Questionnaire
- Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness Candidate Questionnaire
While these survey questionnaires can be time consuming during a busy campaign, I believe that they are important to grass roots’ community democracy and help to inform us about where candidates stand on such issues. Many of these community organizations also make a significant contribution to shaping local community policy relevant to their work.
I appreciate the opportunity to participate and thank these organizations for the work they do and for their support for local elections, candidates and, most importantly, democracy.